Tuesday 9 December 2014

Festive outfit planning: Desk to bar


So I have sofa-surfing outfits, spangly party outfits and trusty LBD outfits. So now?  Desk-to-bar outfits!

You know, those outfits you wear to work, and then zsuzh them up a bit for the evening when it's an event, but not an "event", if you know what I mean?

I have a couple of those planned too. My grand plan is to whip off my tights to flash a bare(ish) leg*, add some statement bling and bouff up my hair. Maybe not all at the same time though.



First off, this bodycon grey marl dress from H&M (again!). Boring and work-appropriate from the front when worn with black tights, courts and a blazer. Party-central from the back when the blazer comes off and the neon, full length zip comes out to play!




Next, this (p)leather midi skirt from Next. Nice and understated with a powder blue shirt (from DP) and opaque tights. Whip off the tights, throw on a pair of spangly shoes and a statement necklace and I'm good to go!


Finally, this simple black and pale pink blouse also from Dotty P, tucked in to a pencil skirt is standard workwear. Switch the skirt for skinny black jeans, throw on the "Outfit Booster" shoes and jacket, backcomb my hair in to a beehive and hang something big, bold and shiny from my earlobes - ready to after-work PARTY!

Is it Dry January yet?

*I prefer flesh-toned fishnets for when it's in the minus figures and my legs need to be "bare". I hate the feel of normal tights on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment