Thursday 4 December 2014

Festive outfit planning: LBDs

It's not Christmas without a Little Black Dress, or two, or three is it?

Tomorrow the WAGs are getting together at a local bar and restaurant for dinner, drinks and dancing and so, being Essex, this calls for all kinds of sequins, glitter, glitz and bling, and potentially this little strapless number from H&M! I can glitz it up with my "Outfit Boosters" - the sequin jacket and the "go with everything" shoes - a belt for interest when the jacket comes off and a nice chunky statement necklace. I'll take my white Whistles clutch to stash my hot pink lippie and glitter eyeliner for touch ups!
Next week, I have two Christmas parties, one at The Langham, and one at Kettner's.
For The Langham, a slightly dressier affair, I was thinking about this lace bodycon dress, also from H&M, again with a couple of the "Outfit Boosters" (seeing as it's with a different group who won't have seen them yet), my rose gold Mulberry clutch, a bright red lip and a pair of big blingy earrings in emerald green for that Christmassy touch.

For Kettner's, I'm leaning toward this little embellished number from ASOS. It's a bit more fun than fancy and has a nod to the twenties with all the beading, which works nicely with the venue's history. With all the beading going on, perhaps just my new Miss Selfridge shoes, some dinky, but sparkly, studs and my pink Lulu Guinness lips clutch for a pop of colour. Smokey eyes and pale pinky-gold lips for the win!
The Extras
Miss Selfridge "Outfit Boosters"
Whistles Rivington Clutch, Mulberry rose gold clutch and Lulu Guinness lips clutch

My go-to party lipsticks: NARS Schiap, Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion, and MAC Pretty Please 

No comments:

Post a Comment