Friday 5 December 2014

Festive outfit planning: The sparkle

Now, LBDs aside, the other festive necessity is SPARKLE!

Glitter, metallics, sequins and beads. I'm perennial sparkle wearer, but at Christmas I take the opportunity to step it up a notch and go a bit overboard with the bling.

Once again, H&M came in to their own with this skirt and top combo. It looks like fairy lights and baubles. Magical! 
 


I'm not "fashion" (or bonkers) enough to wear them both at the same time, so I thought I'd mix it up a bit. I'll wear the skirt with this backless, halter top (you guessed it, from H&M) my go-with-everything shoes and bright red lips for a night out, and with a black cami or jumper, tights and suede knee high boots for less dressy affairs. The top will work nicely with either my black skinny jeans or my leather-look pencil skirt.

This sparkly, metallic ASOS dress is a potential New Year's Eve dinner dress. I have it in the black/blue beaded, the white/silver sequin version and the black body con version, so why not the sparkly gold leopard print version too? It's super comfy, super flattering, nice and blingy for a special night out, but leaves enough room for a big meal and a bit of a boogie.

Jovonna dress from ASOS

And whilst we're on the subject of sparkly metallics, this dress by Fearne Cotton for Very is a firm contender for Christmas Day. Black tights and snuggly slipper boots for staying home with the family, or killer heels and a blazer for a night out with the girls.
 
Gold star dress by Fearne Cotton for Very

So I know I said I was thinking about an LBD for my girlie night out tonight, but now I'm wondering if it's time to just pull out the sequins...

No comments:

Post a Comment