Wednesday 17 December 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Chez Griffith.

With one week to go the decorations are up, the presents are wrapped, the last of the cards have been posted, I'm halfway through a bottle of dry sherry (my new fave festive tipple), the house is covered in glitter and sequins that have fallen off my various festive outfits, the invites for our Griffmas drinks have been sent and the menus are planned.



tacky decorations from my Deep South road trip

Eat drink and be merry at Griffmas Drinks

Christmas Eve invites - soups at the ready!



Dressed up for Fake Christmas


So, now... that leaves only one thing left to do.  I need to think of a soup for the Annual Potage Cup.

This year's scoring system is as follows:
  • Taste – 10 points
  • Christmas Spirit – 10 points
  • Presentation – 5 points
  • Texture – 5 points
  • Originality – 5 points
  • "Comebackability" – 5 points
And in honour of the big news from this year, the wild card category will be:
  • Scottishness - 10 points
So, considering my past efforts have focussed heavily on the Christmas Spirit, by being based almost entirely around, ahem, spirits (the alcoholic, not the spooky, variety), I'm wondering if other competitors are going to use the final category as a way to encroach upon my turf.

Ideas on a postcard please.
 
Or a text message... there's no time for snail mail in times like these!
 

Merry Griffmas!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment